About Dr Paul Allan
Dr Paul Allan was President of Scottish Radiological Society from 2004 to 2006.
He was a respected Edinburgh Radiologist with a prodigious appetite for work. He was at the forefront of developing applications for Doppler techniques, driving forward standards in this area of ultrasound. He wrote more than 80 peer reviewed papers, 20 book chapters and obtained £3 million in research grants. In addition to “Clinical Doppler Ultrasound”, which has gone to several editions and sold more than 10,000 copies, he jointly edited (with Dr Grant Baxter and Dr Mike Weston) the 2011 edition of “Clinical Ultrasound”, the definitive UK text on ultrasound.
Dr Allan was heavily involved in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education. He ran the South East of Scotland Training Scheme in Radiology for a time and held several positions within the Royal College of Radiologists, including the post responsible for vetting training schemes throughout UK.
Details of the Paul Allan ECR Bursary
The SRS is delighted to announce that funding is available to support trainee members who are presenting at the European Congress of Radiology.
Four bursaries up to £500 each are offered annually to help trainees cover related expenses.
- The application form should be filled and submitted to society secretary (Dr Anu Kamalasanan) via email@example.com.
- Information provided should include the project title, a copy of the accepted abstract, projected cost of the journey and any other funding applied for/received.
- Supporting evidence should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (FAO Honorary Secretary Dr Anu Kamalasanan) including:
- confirmation from ECR of your presentation (acceptance email will suffice)
- available receipts
- a current CV
- Successful applicants are expected to submit a report of the educational experience and present the study at the next SRS Spring Meeting.
Don’t forget to email email@example.com with your CV, receipts and evidence of ECR acceptance.
Previous Bursary Awardees:
2018: Dr Michael Bonnici-Mallia – attended European Congress of Radiology Vienna 2018
2018: Dr Suzanne McLenachan – attended European Congress of Radiology Vienna 2018
2018: Dr Mark Hall – attended European Congress of Radiology Vienna 2018