SRS membership is open to radiologists, radiotherapists and oncologists who currently work in Scotland, or who have previously worked or trained in Scotland. The society currently has over 250 active members.
As a member, you will be invited to participate in the society’s regular scientific meetings and social functions, and kept informed on developments in the worlds of diagnostic radiology and oncology in Scotland. Two meetings are held each year. All meetings are accredited for CPD credits in accordance with the CPD Scheme of the Royal College of Radiologists.
Annual membership is £25 for both consultants and trainees. Members receive a discounted registration fee for meetings (with a further discount for trainees).
Retired members (updated 2019)
There are two options for retired members, both maintaining the £25 annual membership rate. If you still work some sessions and require CPD / revalidation, we ask you still pay the discounted member rates for events. If however you are happy to not receive CPD points, you are welcome to attend meetings for free.
Junior Doctor / Students
We do not offer membership /affiliation for junior doctors not yet in a radiology training scheme and medical students but you are of course welcomed to meetings at a reduced rate for FYs and students! Contact us for details.
Honorary membership is also available to those non-members, such as those in allied fields, who have contributed significantly to Radiology or Oncology in Scotland. To propose an individual for honorary membership, please get in touch to discuss.
Standing order payments
- All annual standing orders should be made to the following bank account details (please note this is a separate account for event / meeting payments):
- Scottish Radiological Society
- Clydesdale Bank
- Account number: 10500449
- Sort code: 82-53-03
- Under reference, use the following format:
- <First letter of first name><First letter of last name><GMC NO>
- if your name was Godfrey Hounsfield the reference would be GH2817192 (fictitious GMC number).
- Once the standing order is completed, please fill in the membership application form.